About the Role
- Newly created role…put your stamp on it and make it your own!
- Highly respected paediatric not-for-profit charity helping Australians for 95 years
- Opportunity to effect positive change in children’s lives!
- Exciting opportunity to work for a growing not-for-profit charity based in Manly.
Are you a skilled service planner with at least 3 years’ experience working with children with disabilities and/or their families? If so we’d love you to join our team in a full time capacity as lead for managing enquiries and planning of RFW disability services with families under our Windmill program.
Our Windmill Program is a targeted therapy and support service for rural and remote children aged 2-12 years with disability, and their families. Reporting to the Windmill Program Manager, you will be responsible for understanding our families needs, and coordinating services across delivery teams in accordance with NDIS plans.
We’re looking for an energetic, self-driven, experienced person who has a commitment to teamwork and collaboration. You will be confident in your decision making, inclusive and focused on outcomes whilst remaining respectful of others.
This role would suit someone who has experience working in the disability sector in either a health or educational role and who would like to help improve the quality of life of rural and remote children. This role requires a good understanding of the support needs of families who have a child with a disability.
To be successful in this role, you can demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience working with children with disabilities/and or their families, or in a similar role
- Strong understanding of the therapeutic work of allied health professionals and special educators
- Experience putting together care plans or Individual Education Plans
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in the not for profit sector
- Sound understanding of the NDIS, health and education systems
- An interest in child development and rural issues
About the Organisation
Royal Far West is a non-government organisation based in Manly, which provides multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties.
We are passionate about helping children from rural and remote Australia, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. We have passionate and engaging staff that help us achieve this, we go the extra mile to help and work with children so they can have a better quality of life and our goal is to increase our offering by 2020 to help 15,000 Australians per year. If you would like to join our family and help us reach our 2020 goal then apply today as we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0439602441
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Windmill (Disability) Service Planner via Pro Bono Australia.