About the Role
- Hours: 38 hours per week
- Remuneration: Classified at SCHCADS Award Level 6 ($80,811 – $84,971)
- Status: Full time, ongoing
- Location: Based in Melbourne CBD, with occasional state-wide travel.
About the role
The YDAS Manager oversees YDAS’s high quality individual casework advocacy service for young people with disability, focusing on their human rights. The YDAS Manager also leads YDAS’s systemic advocacy in the interests of young people with a disability in Victoria, including policy advice to governments.
In addition, the YDAS Manager:
- assesses and maximises opportunities for YDAS and YACVic presented by the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- maintains a well-functioning steering committee;
- meets all relevant reporting and quality compliance obligations.
You will have:
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Understanding and experience in meeting the relevant targets, reporting and regulatory requirements of a Quality Management System (QMS).
- High level communication skills.
You will enjoy:
- a flexible, disability friendly, family friendly and fun work culture
- a high degree of autonomy and collegial support
- sector-leading professional development
- a Melbourne CBD office.
YACVic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disability are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
YACVic promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people, including those with a disability, those who are Aboriginal or those from refugee or migrant backgrounds. We take child protection very seriously and all employees are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards, including rigorous background, identity and reference checks.
Successful appointment to a position will be subject to a National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, and current driver’s license or other relevant photo ID. All employees must also agree to adhere to our child safe policy and code of conduct.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
About the Organisation
About the Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic)
Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic) is the state’s peak body and leading policy advocate for young people aged 12 – 25 and the sector that supports them. YACVic’s vision is that young Victorians have their rights upheld and are valued as active participants in their communities. YACVic is an independent, for-purpose, member driven organisation.
About Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS)
YDAS is a core YACVic agency, funded by the Victorian Government. YDAS has a service model which places the human rights and interests of young people with disabilities at the centre of its work. YDAS undertakes individual and policy advocacy to support young people with disabilities to have a stronger voice, reduce the barriers that they experience and improve their quality of life.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: YDAS Manager via Pro Bono Australia.