About the Role
Guide Dogs Victoria currently has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our Gifts in Wills Team on a full time permanent basis. If you are someone who has experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships with legacy donors and prospects or customers who share the same respect as legacy donors, we would love to hear from you.
As part of the Gifts in Wills Team, the Relationship Coordinator – Gifts in Wills reports and works in conjunction with the Key Relationship Manager – Gifts in Wills to build and manage ongoing relationships with legacy donors in order to achieve the long-term fundraising goals of the Gifts in Wills portfolio.
About the Role:
- In consultation with colleagues, the role will identify prospects, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies, complete solicitations and close legacy gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of legacy donors and qualified prospects through visits and other engagement activities.
- Provide legacy giving options to donors.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of legacy donors.
- Identify and communicate with financial advisors and estate lawyers in order to promote Guide Dogs Victoria’s Gifts in Wills program.
- Work with other team members to incorporate legacy giving as a key component of the strategic fundraising plan.
- Participate in speaking engagements and donor functions.
- Assist in the creation of marketing and communication materials for the program.
- Knowledge of estate planning, including Wills, trusts and estates.
- Ability to interact with prospective and current legacy donors with skill, tact, discretion and compassion.
- Previous experience in a fundraising, sales or marketing role with a relationship building or account management focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people.
- Comfort working in and around dogs.
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices;
- A strong alignment with the Vision and Values of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite.
- Experience working in a CRM (preferably SalesForce), or a willingness to learn.
- Able to work in a team setting, and work independently.
- Demonstrated comfort level in researching and analyzing large groups of data to uncover legacy giving prospects.
- Positive attitude and ability to work the occasional evening or weekend is essential.
- Complete satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a Police Check and Working With Childrens Check.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging and a tool of trade vehicle.
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to email@example.com by 28th November 2018.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applicants who are blind or who have low vision to apply.
About the Organisation
Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children's mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia's most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: A relationship-based role within the Gifts in Wills Team via Pro Bono Australia.