About the Role
- Location: Preston
- 2 Full time positions
- $63,461 – $69,000
The Aboriginal Kinship Finding Worker will work in the Aboriginal Kinship Finding Program. This pilot program will be delivered over one year and is in partnership with First Nations Legal Research Services and the Koorie Heritage Trust. VACCA will establish a state-wide Aboriginal kinship finding program with a secure Aboriginal Kinship genealogy database for Victorian Aboriginal children and young people between the ages of 0-18 years involved with child protection who are either in out of home care or at risk of entering out of home care.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained.
- Understanding and awareness of the issues experienced by Aboriginal children and families and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people
- Knowledge and experience in the child and family welfare sector (Child protection understanding and experience an advantage)
- Knowledge and experience in engaging with Aboriginal community and ACCO’s
- Understanding of the importance in adhering to Aboriginal cultural protocols
- Knowledge and experience in project management, program implementation and evaluation.
- Strong organisational abilities and interpersonal and communication skills.
Application deadline is Sunday 23rd December, 2018
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Kinship Finding Worker via Pro Bono Australia.