About the Role
- Join a well-established national peak body committed to achieving better mental health outcomes for all Australians
- Competitive salary of $65,000 PLUS super PLUS full salary packaging options
- Flexible, family friendly work environment
- Full-time, contract ends June 2020
About the Role
Mental Health Australia has an opportunity for a passionate Administration and Project Officer to join their team in Canberra on a full-time basis.
In this role you will be responsible for providing administration and project support to the National Mental Health Consumer & Carer Forum (NMHCCF) and National Register of Mental Health Consumer and Carer Representatives.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated experience in providing administration and project support requiring a high degree of judgment, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity.
This is a great opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better mental health for all Australians.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary of $65,000 plus super, plus charity salary packaging options.
- Strong secretariat experience in preparing meeting documentation (agendas, minute taking and writing, and preparation of meeting action lists) and organising travel and venue requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant administrative environment and proven administrative skills, including use of Microsoft Office products, general correspondence and report generation and preparation.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently, establish priorities and work to tight or competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in project management, including research, analysis, and planning.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholder groups such as consumers, carers, co-workers, community groups, government agencies and individuals.
About the Organisation
Mental Health Australia was established in 1997 as Australia's first independent, national peak body to represent the interests of the mental health sector and is committed to achieving better mental health outcomes for all Australians.
Mental Health Australia members include national organisations who represent consumers, carers, special needs groups, clinical, public, and private service providers, researchers, and state and territory community mental health peak bodies.
Mental Health Australia aims to promote mentally healthy communities through providing education on mental health, conducting research, and influencing reform to ensure government policies continue to address contemporary mental health issues.
Apply for this Job
Applications must include a copy of your current resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria (up to 300 words per criteria).
Your application must be received no later than 9am (AEDT) 28 November 2018.
For further information please contact Victoria Wilson, NMHCCF/National Register - Executive Officer, Mental Health Australia on (02) 6188 6788.
Please quote in application: Administration and Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.