About the Role
Autism Information Advisor
- Peak body for autistic people and their families in Victoria
- Provide independent information and referrals to the Victorian autism community
- Full Time position
The Autism Information Advisor Service is responsible for the delivery of a number of Government funded programs providing independent and evidence based information, referrals and support to autistic people, their families, carers and wider community in Victoria.
The service has recently been funded to deliver an enhanced service – providing information and support across multiple channels including phone, email, webchat, SMS. Amaze has been funded to trial the expanded service for 18 months in Victorian with the ambition of national roll-out.
This positon is responsible for providing independent and evidence based information, referrals and support to autistic people, their families, carers and wider community in Victoria across a number of channels including telephone, email, webchat and SMS. It will also contribute to the development of high-quality, evidence-based autism resources that respond to the needs of the autism community.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are desirable, but other experiences will be recognised
- Comprehensive understanding of the disability sector and awareness of available services in Victoria
- Experience in providing solution focused information and referrals to a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise high transactional workload
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Experience in working with autistic people with complex needs, in the NDIS or mental health services is desirable.
About the Organisation
For 50 years, Amaze has provided information and resources to autistic people and their families, the broader autism sector (service providers, researchers, autism organisations) and the wider community.
Today Amaze supports more than 6,000 Victorians every year as well as advocates to government to influence positive change and builds the skills of the community to create a better world for autistic people and their families.
Amaze is committed to improving employment opportunities for autistic people. We do this through advocating to the broader community and employing autistic people at Amaze. We endeavour to provide support and adjustments through the recruitment process and throughout employment to the specific needs of autistic candidates and employees. Autistic people with the skills and experience outlined in the position description are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9657 1634
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Autism Information Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.