About the Role
The Barwon Health Human Research Ethics Committee (BHHREC) reviews all research conducted by Barwon Health staff or students involving human participants. The primary role of the committee is to protect the welfare and the rights of participants in research.
Membership of BHHREC is in accordance with the requirements of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research:
Further information on the committee can be found on the Barwon Health Research Ethics Governance and Integrity web page.
There are currently vacancies in the following categories of membership:
- Persons with current research experience that is relevant to research proposals to be considered at the meetings they attend.
- Persons who performs a pastoral care role in a community, for example, an Aboriginal elder or a minister of religion.
- A lay woman, who has no affiliation with Barwon Health and is not currently engaged in medical, scientific, legal or academic work.
- A lay man, who has no affiliation with Barwon Health and is not currently engaged in medical, scientific, legal or academic work.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Dr Giuliana Fuscaldo
Email : REGI@barwonhealth.org.au
Applications should be sent by email to REGI@barwonhealth.org.au and should include:
- a letter detailing what you believe you can bring to the ethics committee; and
- a short curriculum vitae or summary of education and relevant work experience.
Please quote in application: Barwon Health Human Research Ethics Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.