About the Role
Our organisation is governed by a progressive Board of Directors with a wide variety of skills and experiences which now seeks to add a Board Secretary and three motivated and enthusiastic Board Directors with qualifications and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- NDIS and Disability Services experience
- Law and Legal experience,
- Government Policy and Liaison
- Advocacy across the Central Coast
- Indigenous identity/affairs
Previous or current Board experience would be highly regarded. Applicants must be resident on the Central Coast. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a committed Board to build your pro bono board experience as well as making a significant impact on the development of young people in our region.
- Exercising joint governance of the organisation, and providing advice to the Board and the organisation in expanding our network of service provision and stakeholder support
- Willingness to serve on at least one Board committee and participate actively in it’s work
- Attend a committee or board meeting at least once per month for a period of approximately 2 hours.
- Attending presentations and formalities, celebrations, events and ceremonies on behalf of YC Group on a formal bases at least once per annum.
- Contributing with passionate Directors and staff to re-engage vulnerable people with education, training, employment and life.
Please send applications and expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and your application must include a cover letter demonstrating what value/s you believe you will bring to this position and what position you are seeking (ie Secretary or Director). This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and experienced directors and have a direct impact on inclusivity and education around the Central Coast of NSW with one of the strongest youth and disability organisations on the Central Coast.
About the Organisation
YC Group (formerly youthconnections.com.au) is a not for profit regional organisation on the NSW Central Coast which supports people with multiple barriers to education, employment and inclusion in society. We achieve this through alternative education programs and practices, vocational education, referral services, and development of life skills and soft employment skills. We maintain strong local partnerships with schools, youth networks, health, justice, and community agencies to assist people to overcome personal barriers, rebuild resilience, and re-engage with education, family and community. We are a registered RTO, GTO, NDIS provider, and have work in close partnership with a Board of Studies accredited Stage 6 Special Assistance School which share our grounds. See more at www.ycgroup.com.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0429210053
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Directors via Pro Bono Australia.