About the Role
About the role
In addition to resolving disputes, AFCA is required to identify, resolve and report on systemic issues and to notify the regulator about cases of serious misconduct. A systemic issue is defined in our Rules as an issue that will impact people beyond the parties to a dispute.
We are looking to appoint a Case Manager within our Systemic Issues team on a full-time, fixed-term contract until 31 December 2021 specialising in credit related matters.
Your key responsibilities as a Case Manager in Systemic Issues will include:
- Conducting detailed investigations into matters identified as potentially systemic;
- Assessing the appropriate steps for the resolution of identified systemic issues in line with AFCA processes;
- Escalating complex or unusual cases of identified systemic issues or serious misconduct for advice where appropriate; and
- Communicating effectively to a wide range of stakeholders in plain language.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the banking industry, particularly in credit related matters
- Experience in legal or alternative dispute resolution, compliance or regulatory sectors;
- A demonstrated ability to analyse and investigate issues, and develop and negotiate solutions;
- A sound understanding of the applicable legal and industry framework;
- A good understanding of business principles and commercial practices in relevant financial industry sectors;
- Strong written and analytical skills, essential for decision making;
- Interest in, or experience working in, alternative dispute resolution; and
- The ability to manage a caseload in an efficient, fair and timely manner with a clear focus on achieving timely and fair outcomes.
In return we offer you the opportunity to positively contribute to the community on a daily basis. You will also have access to genuine career development, including study assistance, secondments, training programs and CPD courses. We provide great benefits such as encouraging work life balance, flexible working arrangements and salary continuance (income protection). We also have extensive health and wellbeing initiatives, as part of our health and wellbeing program.
About the Organisation
AFCA promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter. Applications close at 11pm on Friday 16 November 2018.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Systemic Issues via Pro Bono Australia.