About the Role
- Key Leadership Opportunity
- Highly respected not-for-profit organisation
- Help shape and implement robust strategic agenda
Scouts NSW is seeking applications from experienced, highly motivated and suitably skilled candidates for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
About the Role
The CEO will lead, support, coordinate and provide oversight and accountability for the management of the Scouts NSW Employed Staff ensuring all statutory and regulatory obligations are met along with Scouts NSW policies and procedures and the code of conduct and ethics.
Reporting directly to the Scouts NSW Chief Commissioner, you will support the Chief Commissioner and the Board of Directors deliver its Strategic Plan and ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service to the volunteer membership, assisting them to deliver the Scout Program, and conduct the operation of a large and complex organisation is a strong element of the role.
To achieve all of this you will ideally possess the following:
- Substantial relevant business experience and success at a high level in a variety of roles and/or businesses, ideally including not-for-profit and volunteer organisations;
- Advanced skills in change management and relationship development;
- Demonstrated core values including respect and care for individuals, inclusiveness, and a commitment to diversity, innovation and creativity;
- High level skills in establishing organisational goals, developing strategic and operational plans, and driving implementation;
- Deep experience in engagement and stakeholder management with all internal and external stakeholders;
- High level experience in the development, management and analysis of operating plans budgets and financial models, and in cost analysis and the development of financial policies;
Salary and Remuneration
A remuneration package reflecting the skills and experience brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
About the Organisation
Scouts NSW provides young people aged 5 to 25 with fun and challenging opportunities to grow through adventure.
With over 18,000 youth and adult members from various cultural and religious backgrounds and with varying abilities, Scouts is one of the largest and most successful youth organisations in the state.
At Scouts NSW, the needs of young people are placed first. Our youth led, adult supported approach ensures our youth members are always at the forefront of our program and gives them the platform to take a constructive place in society as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
Scouts NSW is committed to operating as a child safe organisation and implementing child safe policies and practices in accordance with the elements of creating a child safe institution.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Your HR Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the Candidate’s Pack and application, please contact email@example.com
All applications must be submitted via the on-line application form and received by midnight Tuesday, 18 December 2018.
Applicants invited to attend an interview with the Scouts selection panel will be required to complete a Working with Children check and a National Police Check prior to the interview.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.