About the Role
As the key management leader of Gateway Family Services, your role will be to ensure that the mission and vision of the service is achieved through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Reporting directly to the Committee of Management, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic plan, administration and programs of the organisation. Other key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership and Governance – leading the organisation in a manner that supports and guide’s their mission, ensuring the Christian ideals of the Uniting Church and strength-based framework are upheld.
- Financial Performance and Viability – ensuring that resources are managed with integrity and are sufficient to maintain the financial health of the organisation.
- Organisation Operations – ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and implemented to maintain effective operation of the organisation’s service work within a strength-based framework.
- People Management – a positive role model, supporting and encouraging the ongoing professional development of a high performing team of employees and volunteers.
- Stakeholder Management – promoting, building and retaining relationships with all stakeholders, including the community, agencies, funding bodies, clients and their families, and supporting the safety and well-being of clients.
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
To meet the requirements of the role, you will ideally have the following proven skills, experience and personal attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree minimum, and post graduate expertise in areas of Business, Social Work, or related fields.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership, with an understanding of and capacity to support and work within the ethos of the Uniting Church.
- Senior non-profit management experience, preferably at CEO level, with demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and collaborate with staff from a strengths-based perspective.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain Gateway’s strength-based model and Solution Focused Brief Therapy framework for organisation management and service delivery.
- Strong, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organisational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of Gateway’s strategic future to staff, Committee of Management, volunteers, donors and government partners.
- Knowledge, understanding and capacity to work effectively with funding bodies and fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and engage Committee of Management members and other diverse volunteers and donor groups.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated competence in public speaking.
- Capacity to collaborate respectfully and productively with other NGO’s and community partners.
To apply for this rewarding role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a cover letter, briefly summarising how you meet the requirements, and your resume.
For a confidential discussion and more information, please contact Kirsty Peters, on 0422634359.
About the Organisation
Gateway Family Services is a non-government, not for profit welfare services agency founded and supported by Blaxland Uniting Church. Gateway has been serving families in the Blue Mountains since 1990 and in Penrith since 2006.
Gateway are committed to building a stronger community through helping to build stronger families and provide a range of support services that seek to strengthen children, young people, families and community. They pride themselves on being a quality strength-based organisation with a primary operational framework in Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Gateway are mindful of the origins, ongoing connection and support of the service through the Uniting Church at Blaxland and uphold the faith-based principles to be the ‘hands and feet’ of Jesus in the community. They are also committed to building lasting relationships of trust with Aboriginal people and communities.
In meeting their commitments, Gateway strives to create and maintain an environment for ongoing professional learning and growth supported by quality external supervision for front-line workers and supervisors alongside core professional training.
Gateway are invested in local collaboration and are core members of the Stronger Families Alliance, the Blue Mountains Consortium in the Blue Mountains, and the Penrith Child in Focus Influencers group in Penrith along with interagencies and special focus groups.
Inspired by the example of Jesus, Gateway’s mission is to respond to the needs of children, families and communities with caring and compassion.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61422634359
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) via Pro Bono Australia.