About the Role
This fantastic opportunity will suit experienced CFOs looking for work/life balance – 22.5 hours/week.
- Influence support services growth for the Canberra community
- Unique part-time specialist role with no staff management responsibilities
- Excellent salary packaging options plus free parking
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a community based, profit for purpose organisation managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs. We are seeking an experienced, highly skilled CFO who is passionate about influencing and supporting sustainable, highest standard community support services and outcomes.
CFO position and rewards:
- Ongoing opportunity, available January 2019
- 22.5 hours/week, preferably worked Tuesday to Thursday (negotiable)
- No staff management responsibilities – reporting line for the financial management team is through CS#1’s Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award – Level 7
- Base hourly rate is $58-$68, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing take-home pay through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants of Australia & New Zealand membership
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading the finance function for an organisation
- Not-for-profit experience (desirable)
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Australian working rights
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your exceptional skills and experience to influence support services for people in your community in a specialist CFO role that has been carefully designed with work-life balance in mind.
The CFO is responsible for CS#1’s finance function, ensuring CS#1’s financial viability and business health in line with the strategic plan, the broader financial management framework, and statutory and legislative compliance requirements.
The CFO provides expert analysis and considered financial management and growth recommendations to CS#1’s COO (direct supervisor), CEO and Board of Directors, and participates in Board Risk and Audit Committee meetings as required. The CFO provides high level accounting support to the Finance manager.
You will be:
- an experienced CFO who will consider the needs of CS#1 and the community when making strategic and long-term business and financial planning recommendations
- committed to harnessing opportunities for cost containment and business growth with a focus on sustainable community services delivery
- highly knowledgeable in how financial planning, management and reporting looks in a diverse community services delivery organisation
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
For further information please call Libby Mills, COO for CS#1, on 02 6126 4712, and refer to our Position Description.
About the Organisation
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a community based, profit for purpose organisation managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs.
Find out more about CS#1 and our full range of services on our website.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 6126 4712
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Finance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.