About the Role
- Calling all Community Development Workers
- Various casual positions available
- Located at our Collingwood and Footscray Sites
So why cohealth? cohealth is a human rights based health organisation and we value social equity, courage, inquiry and innovation and respect. In this role you will have an opportunity to bring these values to life. cohealth aims to provide a rewarding work culture that encourages personal and professional development.
The role works across a number of locations but will be primarily based at Cohealth’s Specialised AOD Primary Health facilities in Collingwood & Footscray. The roles are varied and dynamic but primarily focus upon providing a range of services to clients at these two facilities. Duties can include needle & syringe program work, afterhours outreach, work in the drop in facility, program development, group & individual support, and crisis intervention. These services have a positive staff culture and provide a range of opportunities for further education and professional development.
We’re seeking interest from individuals with;
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. AOD, community development, social work) Certificate IV or higher, with minimum two years relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of harm reduction as it applies to people who use drugs (PWUD), including the transmission and prevention of blood borne viruses (Hepatitis B and C, HIV and STIs). Demonstrated commitment to the principles of harm reduction and the ability to translate them into practical strategies;
- The ability to engage with service users in a warm, non-judgemental manner, demonstrate a strong customer service focussed approach and where appropriate engage the client in harm reduction brief interventions, education and/or information and referral;
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively to achieve quality outcomes in a busy, client-focussed environment; and
- Persons with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description.
If this sounds like the ideal roles for you, then great! Don’t delay: apply now to help take our community – and take your career to new heights!
About the Organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Health Worker / Needle & Syringe Program via Pro Bono Australia.