About the Role
- Part-time 0.6 EFT – 1.0 EFT negotiable
- Footscray Better Health Team
Working as part of cohealth you will enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Enjoy Not for Profit generous salary packaging options, which can significantly increase the value of take-home pay and reduce your taxable income
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- A supportive, flexible and autonomous work environment
Empathy is second nature to you, and you are compassionate toward vulnerable individuals. You have a welcoming disposition that renders you capable of respectful professional relationships. Ideally you will have a minimum of 2+ years previous experience within a similar position working with victim survivors of family violence. Knowledge of support services within the Western suburbs of Melbourne available to victim survivors of family violence is desirable. You will also hold a degree in social work, and/or counselling or equivalent with eligibility for membership of AASW.
We’re currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic Family Violence Counsellors to work within our team. This role provides a crucial response to the psycho-social/mental health needs of clients in collaboration with other cohealth services, providing support to women through therapeutic counselling and advocacy.
Your daily duties will be varied however, will consist of:
- Counselling services to women experiencing or who have experienced family violence within a framework that acknowledges the gendered nature of family violence;
- Casework, referral and advocacy to clients particularly where this would enhance the therapeutic work and/or where other services are not available;
- Provide group work, outreach, and secondary consultation and participate in projects and evaluation as required; and
- Afford ethical, flexible, professional goal-directed and client-centred counselling services within a systems approach.
If you are a hard-working, reliable individual who enjoys interacting with the community and genuinely making a difference, please apply.
About the Organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.