About the Role
- Play a key role in a growing team
- Your opportunity to engage in meaningful work
- Excellent benefits including Fortnightly Accrued Day off, Salary Packaging, Flexible Working Arrangements and More
- Managing and developing a high performing team
- Preparation of monthly management reports and commentary for Executive, Finance & Audit Committee, and Board – provide analysis of financial results and trends
- Supervise completion of regular reconciliations of financial records including the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and related matters
- Supervise procurement function, identify improvement strategies in processes, systems and procedures and ensure effectiveness of financial core controls
- Monitoring of cash flow position and management of investments with Head of Finance
- Statutory Reporting & Compliance, Insurance, Policies & Procedures and OH&S
Are you CPA or CA qualified with extensive experience working in medium to large organisations? Are you a strong leader; someone with solid people management experience and a track record of developing high performing and effective teams?
We’re looking for an experienced technical financial accountant; someone who is highly analytical, has a commitment to continuous improvement, and has had previous exposure to Microsoft Dynamics. You will have solid leadership skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and curiosity; exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and thrive in a changing environment. Experience in the not for profit sector working with government funding contracts is highly desirable, although not essential.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cove r letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! Our benefits include a fortnightly accrued day off, flexible working arrangements, salary packaging to increase your take home pay and more.
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
The Finance team strive to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of SSI by partnering with the organisation to enable SSI to achieve its strategy. The team is responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial information for decision making; building and maintaining key controls, governance and streamlined processes; driving business decisions that add value and providing a quality customer experience.
Apply for this Job
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All em ployees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email
Please quote in application: Financial Accounting Manager via Pro Bono Australia.