About the Role
- Work for a leading animal welfare charity
- Work at RPSCA Victoria’s Bendigo and Wangaratta sites
- Permanent Full-time position
- Salary of $59,712, inclusive superannuation
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Foster Care Network Coordinator to manage the day to day foster operation at Bendigo and Wangaratta RSPCA shelters.
The successful Foster Care Network Coordinator is responsible for assisting to develop, promote, coordinate and grow the Regional Foster Care Program. They will also be responsible for assisting to establish new partnerships and maintaining excellent relationships with existing external stakeholders such as foster carers, vets, adoption partners and rescue groups.
This fantastic newly created position will see you based out of our RSPCA Bendigo with regular travel to RSPCA Wangaratta (car pool vehicle provided) to manage day to day foster duties.
Please note, this position offers a salary of $59,712 inclusive superannuation.
Role duties & responsibilities
- Manage the day to day foster operations from Bendigo shelter three days a week and twice a week from Wangaratta or as requested by line management (car pool vehicle provided)
- Coordinate the necessary paperwork and placement of animals into temporary and permanent foster care, working with internal (Shelter, Vet Clinic, Behaviourists, Inspectorate) and external (Foster Carers) stakeholders.
- Coordinate booking and delivery of foster animals to external vet services
- Coordinate the paperwork and physical placement of animals to selected adoption centres and partner rescue groups.
- Act as a point of contact for, and develop and maintain effective relationships with foster carers, adoption partners and rescue groups.
- Continuously grow the Foster care network and Foster Program by increasing the engagement of external rehoming partners and the number of animals rehomed through these channels.
- Organise the paperwork and physical placement of animals to the protective custody holding program.
- Develop and deliver training to Foster Carers, Program Volunteers and Adoption Partners.
- Ensuring the delivery of set KPIs.
- Generate weekly reports to line management to review performance of various aspects of the foster care regional program
- Promote and provide best practice animal care and services; organise and deliver scheduled presentations to promote foster program in the regional audiences.
- Maintain foster supplies for the program.
- Assist with recruiting; train and supervise the team of volunteers that support the program.
Skills & experience required
- Sound animal welfare knowledge.
- Proven animal husbandry and handling knowledge and experience.
- Flexible and solution-focused approach with the ability to balance competing demands.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Data entry experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and implement areas of operational improvement.
- Experience in public speaking will be well regarded.
Qualifications & licenses
- Valid Victorian drivers’ licence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Animal Care will be highly regarded.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will be highly regarded.
About the Organisation
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values – clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration – set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Foster Care Network Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.