About the Role
The key objectives of this role is to work as part of a team in recruitment activities to increase the pool of quality Foster Carers and provide trauma informed, strengths based training, assessment, and support to prospective and existing carers.
The role requires a partnership approach in monitoring, evaluating and supporting quality of care by carers including:
- Supporting carers’ ongoing development of family skills and knowledge
- Ensuring carer families have access to resources needed to meet the needs of children in their care
- Be collaborative member of the Care Team around the child
- Ensure the care environment is safe for children and young people in accordance with best practice and the relevant legislative and quality standards of NSW and/or Victorian Governments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A person employed as a Foster Carer Support Worker will be required to hold an accredited qualification relevant to the position at Diploma Level or above, in a relevant Social Work, Social Sciences, Community Services or related behavioural/human services field.
- For candidates holding a Diploma qualification, a commitment to further study to reach a Bachelor level qualification (in one of the above mentioned field) is also required.
- Previous relevant experience equivalent in this or similar fields is desirable.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Trained in “Shared Stories, Shared Lives” and “Step-by-Step” Assessment
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 5023 5966
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Foster Carer Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.