About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic Fundraising Coordinator to join a dedicated team to manage a well-established community fundraising program and to support awareness building programs and events. The GI Cancer Institute is embarking on a program of significant growth over the next five years and this position will play a pivotal role in the successful growth of the fundraising and marketing program.
Reporting to the Philanthropy Manager, the Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for managing a well-established community fundraising programs of the GI Cancer Institute with a key focus on the Gutsy Challenge and support for community based events to grow revenue and build the supporter base.
• Cultivate and support participants and donors in community fundraising
• Develop and grow the Gutsy Challenge program
• Develop and implement a donor journey for community fundraisers
• Support the Marketing and Fundraising team in coordinating existing fundraising and marketing programs
• Assist with implementing marketing strategies across all initiatives for fundraising purposes
• Manage, organise and deliver day to day operational tasks to support community fundraising programs
• Develop copy and design for creative collateral and promotional materials
• Identify stories for websites, social media channels and other GI Cancer Institute communication channels
• Database entry support and reporting as required
• Assist with planning and execution of major GI Cancer Institute fundraising and awareness building programs and campaigns
Selection Criteria Essential Skills/techniques:
• Experience in marketing/fundraising/sales/events
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and stewardship skills
• Good project planning and coordination in a multi-task environment
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at one time
• Excellent computing skills (including proficiency in a PC Office environment)
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to think creatively and laterally in relation to problems/issues
• Analytical skills to assess and report on activities undertaken • Ability to work independently and enjoy working as part of a small team
• Ability to manage external contractors effectively
• Attention to detail and a hands on approach Experience:
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated ability to manage and execute marketing and event programs and campaigns with the purpose to raise funds and awareness for a cause
• Demonstrated ability to independently assess and decide on priorities and workload
About the Organisation
The GI Cancer Institute (www.gicancer.org.au) raises funds for gastro‐intestinal (GI) cancer clinical trials research conducted by its parent organisation, the Australasian Gastro‐Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG) (www.agitg.org.au). GI cancers affect the digestive tract and include cancers of the oesophagus, stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, bowel, rectum and anus. GI cancers are the most common form of cancer, affecting over 28,000 Australians each year and claiming a devastating 38 lives each day. AGITG clinical trials research finds better ways to treat gastro‐intestinal cancers. Our research has led to the improvement in both the life expectancy and quality of life of people diagnosed with gastro‐intestinal cancers. The GI Cancer Institute conducts a number of national community initiatives including a fundraising campaign called the Gutsy Challenge (gicancer.org.au/the-gutsy-challenge/), third party events, direct-mail donation appeals, major donor and bequest fundraising and community information and support programs to inform our community and supporters about the work that we do.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0295625098
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Coordinator – Part-time via Pro Bono Australia.