About the Role
About the opportunity
Our new organisation is looking to appoint an inspirational and outcome driven General Manager – Operations to provide leadership and management to our dispute teams in Sydney, initially commencing on a full time, fixed term contract until December 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to step into a role with lots of future scope and make your mark on the new AFCA scheme. If you love to lead people, make decisions, problem solve and deliver quality fair outcomes, then this is the role for you.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Resolution, your new role will include:
- Managing the run-off of legacy disputes and plan for the acceptance of new AFCA disputes
- Developing strategies to engage and lead AFCA’s people through effective coaching, mentoring and the implementation of professional development strategies
- Improving the quality and timeliness of dispute resolution, eliminate current and prevent future backlogs
- Identifying gaps and make the decisions necessary to change processes, procedures or team structure to ensure more efficient and effective resolution/consideration of disputes
You will have:
- At least 15 years operational experience in the legal, community and/or financial services industry
- Demonstrated track record in reviewing processes and implementing change
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Recent and relevant senior management experience
- Strong interpersonal, excellent oral and written communication skills
AFCA promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your CV and covering letter. For more information about AFCA, please visit our website at www.afca.org.au.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 16 November 2018.
About the Organisation
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) is the new external dispute resolution scheme that will deal with complaints about financial products and services.
A not-for-profit, non-government organisation, AFCA will resolve complaints in a fair, independent and efficient manner. Our service is free to the public, with the cost of running the service being met by our member financial firms.
AFCA has offices in Melbourne and Sydney, but our service is accessible to all Australians.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Operations via Pro Bono Australia.