About the Role
- Full time Position
- Location – Preston
- Salary- $80,000-90,000 (Plus Super and Salary Packaging).
This is a senior role for an experienced person. The purpose of this role is to:
Enhance, support and promote health and wellbeing in the workplace – physical, mental, emotional, cultural
VACCA seeks to create a culturally strong, vibrant and professional working environment that promotes wellbeing and retention of staff. It is a priority of VACCA to value staff and support their well-being and resilience in undertaking our important work.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Commitment to enhance workplace health, wellbeing and Aboriginal cultural safety
- Relevant Experience and knowledge related to delivering a Wellbeing strategy (or similar)
- Ability to deliver workshops or short presentations on Safety Wellbeing topics
- Strong written communication skills – ability to produce reports, recommendations
- Advanced Interpersonal skills – liaison, empathy and listening in a respectful, culturally appropriate manner working with Aboriginal staff.
- Problem Solving Skills and ability to deliver results
- Excellent project management, including planning and organisational skills
- High standards of professionalism, ethics, integrity, confidentially
Application deadline is Sunday. 16th December, 2018
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Healthy Workplace and Wellbeing Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.