About the Role
- Full time (38 hrs per week) role until June 2019
- Competitive salary covered under SCHCADS Award plus super and access to generous salary packaging up to $18,000 pa
- Base location: Woolloomooloo
About the Service
The Society delivers essential Local Area Coordination (LAC) services as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) rollout in NSW. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) represents a significant change in Australia’s ways of providi ng disability support with a focus on individual goals, choice, social inclusion and building capacity. NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and leading communications and engagement for the Local Area Coordination program, as well as taking a hands-on approach to content development and distribution via both internal and external channels. The Coordinator will be directed by the media and communication policies of the St Vincent de Paul Society and work in close alignment with the organisation’s strategic plan and approach. Person on this role will be maintaining close working relationship with the LAC Senior Quality & Practice Manager, External and Internal Communications Managers.
The role involves raising awareness of the LAC program and the NDIS among people with disa bility, family members and carers and the wider community in the Sydney, Central Coast, and Hunter New England region; development of communications and engagement materials and messages; media relations and internal communication initiatives.
The Communications Coordinator will be based at Woolloomooloo with weekly visits to the Lewisham State Support Office, and is required to travel to various locations throughout the Sydney, Central Coast, and Hunter New England regions to support local LAC offices.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Tertiary qualification in public relations, communication and/or journalism.
- Demonstrated work experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in dealing with media and generating coverage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with diverse audiences across a variety of platforms.
- Demonstrated writing skills with ability to tailor writing to a brief and present material in a concise style for the Society’s publications and digital platforms.
- IT literate and ability to work with Microsoft suite, Outlook express and email marketing platforms.
- Basic competency in photo and video editing
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with ability to work within tight timeframes.
- A commitment to and a deep understanding of the Vision, Mission and Values of the St Vincent de Paul Society and ability to maintain an ethical and inclusive approach.
- A valid driver’s licence and ability to travel across Sydney, Central Coast and Hunter New England regions
The following will also highly regarded:
- Lived experience and/or professional experience of disability, accessibility and inclusion
- Experience in the not-for-profit or community sector
Come and join our team!
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: LAC Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.