About the Role
This role is fixed term for an initial period of 12 months.
- Triaging incoming AFVLS calls and monitoring and triage of the AFVLS administration email address
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- General office duties including word processing, filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing and maintaining records of incoming and outgoing communications, as directed by the Manager Legal Services
- Providing administrative support to the Managing Lawyers and the Legal Services Manager when requested, including scheduling appointments, taking meeting minutes and assisting with drafting of correspondence and documents
- Maintaining the AFVLS Legal Aid grants database
- Undertaking other duties as delegated by the Legal Services Manager
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and the social justice issues affecting those communities
- Proven capacity to communicate empathically and effectively with Aboriginal people and/or others who have experienced trauma
- Well organised, motivated and good time management skills
- Ability to follow directions, take initiative and judge accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- At least three years’ experience in an administrative/reception/support role
WORKING AT DJIRRA
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Inner north location – close to public transport with some great cafes and restaurants nearby and ample parking in surrounding streets
- Access to a monthly Rostered Day Off, additional leave over the Christmas/New Year period, Cultural Leave, paid Parental Leave and Annual Leave Loading
- Opportunities to participate in our community engagement activities, including our longstanding Sister’s Day Out
- Cultural Awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated Cultural Advisor
About the Organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and well being and provides legal and practical support to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter via the link on the ‘Get Involved’ page on Djirra’s website. You will also need to answer the selection criteria questions to be considered.
Please quote in application: Legal Administrative Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.