About the Role
- Full-time permanent role
- Sydney CBD – close to public transport
- Positive impact – contribute to Australians need
Do you thrive on making lasting impressions and building strong relationships? Competitive Salary + Attractive Salary Packaging Benefits; High performing Team; 35 Hour Week (Work/Life/Balance)
We are seeking an experienced relationship fundraiser to work within a passionate and high performing team. You will be responsible for prospecting for and cultivating philanthropic support through the development of relationships with high net worth individuals, trusts, foundations and other partners for our programs and services including capital projects. Your main objective will be to grow our supporter base and revenue by increasing the number, value and long term giving of major donors.
To be successful in this rewarding role you will:
- Be experienced in developing and implementing a major gifts stewardship plan;
- Be experienced in building strong and robust relationships;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication-, presenting- and promotion skills;
- Be a team player with strong work ethic, a positive attitude, a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
Your key responsibilities on a day to day basis will be to:
- Achieve individual income target by focussing on high-value private funding opportunities
- Develop and maintain a 12 month rolling contact and stewardship plan;
- Scope the market, research and prospecting activities (internal supporter base and external);
- Maintain all account base information regarding supporters and prospects in the CRM system, including account details, value, opportunities, confidence ratings, contact and activity planning, communications and reporting;
- Achieve the overall Fundraising and Marketing team revenue target by leveraging opportunities in mass fundraising and actively collaborating on engagement opportunities.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
About the Organisation
- Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
- Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
- We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9219 8012
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
If you’d like to find out more about the role, feel free to call the hiring manager, Jen Cramond (Mon-Wed and Fri) on 02 9219 8012.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please quote in application: Major Gift Manager via Pro Bono Australia.