About the Role
- Engage with priority communities to drive targeted cancer prevention messaging
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver complex advocacy campaign
- Full time fixed term position until 23 December 2019 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated Media and Communications Advisor to join the Prevention Division’s Media and Communications team. Reporting to the Media Manager, your role is to:
- Drive successful planning, implementation and evaluation of media and communications strategies and campaigns for the Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation (SEDI) program.
- Lead and implement strategic communications activities for priority communities, including culturally and linguistically diverse populations and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Provide advice on optimising communication channels within the Victorian health network to ensure strategies are appropriately implemented.
- Manage and monitor the media and communications budget for relevant programs
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary degree in communications, public relations or another relevant discipline
- Substantial experience in planning and implementing integrated multi-faceted media and communication strategies / campaigns
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships as well as negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals, organisations and communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information simply and clearly to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated interest in delivering health messages to priority communities, such as culturally and linguistically diverse, LGBTI and people with a disability, will be highly regarded.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position to 23 December 2019 provides a salary within range $68,616 – $77,148 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card.
About the Organisation
Cancer Council Victoria (Cancer Council) is an independent charity that has been leading the fight against cancer since 1936. The Prevention Division aims to prevent cancer for all Victorians through community interventions, mass media, advocacy, training and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to reduce cancer risk. We prioritise health inequalities, especially in relation to Aboriginal people, and in culturally diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
This is achieved through the delivery of public health programs relating to tobacco control (Quit Victoria), obesity prevention (LiveLighter, Obesity Policy Coalition, Rethink Sugary Drink), sun protection (SunSmart), cancer screening (bowel, breast and cervical), immunisation, (HPV, hepatitis B) alcohol and organisational change (Achievement Program).
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9514 6406
Email : email@example.com
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Shannon Crane on (03) 9514 6406.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Advisor (PREV.145) via Pro Bono Australia.