About the Role
- Drive media and public relations for a high profile not-for-profit
- Cultivate media support for diverse campaigns and programs
- Full time fixed term maternity leave position until 19 July 2019 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Media & Public Relations Coordinator to join the Brand and Communications Unit. Reporting to the Media Manager, you will:
- Develop, plan and execute unpaid proactive and reactive media opportunities, working with key stakeholders to raise Cancer Council’s public profile
- Plan and implement public relations and promotional campaigns for events, programs, research projects and services
- Research and write media releases and pitch stories to key media outlets
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders, spokespeople case studies and ambassadors to ensure media support and endorsement
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Proven experience coordinating media campaigns, and a strong understanding of PR principles and strategies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop and pitch effective and meaningful media content
- Strong relationship management skills including a proven capacity to form and maintain networks of influence
- Experience working with fundraising and not-for-profit campaigns would be an advantage
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term maternity leave position until 19 July 2019 provides a salary within range $59,000 – $66,000 pa, plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Victorian public. Through the use of a diverse revenue generation program, the work of the division ensures appropriate funds are raised to support the Cancer Council’s work, in line with the organisation’s mission and values through the delivery of iconic fundraising events such as Daffodil Day, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and Relay For Life. Within this division, the Brand and Communications Unit is responsible for the management and optimisation of the reputation and public profile of Cancer Council Victoria. This is achieved through strategic and planned use of campaigns, media engagement and PR, corporate events, partnerships and communications.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9514 6585
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media and Public Relations Coordinator (FCD.36) via Pro Bono Australia.