About the Role
Continence Foundation of Australia Limited (“Foundation”) seeks applications from experienced finance professionals to fill a vacancy on its Finance, Audit and Risk Committee.
The Foundation is a national organisation, with members being part of both the national body and their respective state branch. The Foundation is a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status.
The company is governed by a Board of Directors, with close liaison with the members. The Board is collaborative and well-credentialed in the sector and is supported by several sub-committees and a skilled and committed CEO and management team.
Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
The FARC is one of the key Board committees. It comprises two Directors, the CEO and the Company Secretary, with the Finance Manager in attendance and the Board Chair as a standing invitee. The Board and FARC have identified the need to strengthen the Committee through the appointment of a new member with extensive finance and accounting skills.
The main Board meets around eight times each year either by teleconference or face-to-face. The FARC meets, as a rule, quarterly, by teleconference. The Foundation’s national office is in Melbourne but the successful applicant may live anywhere in Australia.
Skills and experience sought
The FARC seeks an individual with extensive finance and accounting skills. An accounting qualification is desirable. Demonstrated commitment to community involvement will be well regarded, as will a genuine affinity to the work of the Foundation.
The individual will be able to:
• Analyse financial information to identify areas of concern and opportunity
• Contribute to the development of new policies and procedures in the finance area
• Liaise with external auditors
• Provide oversight to the organisation’s risk management framework and processes
• Identify and drive areas of focus to make the Foundation’s finance and risk management more effective and pro-active
The role will initially be for one year. It is unpaid, but all reasonable travel and similar expenses will be reimbursed.
About the Organisation
The mission of the Continence Foundation of Australia is to represent the interests of Australians affected by, or at risk of, bladder and bowel control problems and act as an advocate for their interests.
The Foundation exists to serve all Australians by promoting bladder and bowel health. This is achieved by:
• Working with consumers, professionals, industry and government
• Facilitating access to continence support services through advocacy
• Providing evidence-based information and advice
• Building the capacity and capability of the workforce, and
• Supporting research to achieve the Foundation’s objectives
The organisation’s work and objectives are set out on the web-site www.continence.org.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 8692 8400
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Member, Finance, Audit and Risk committee via Pro Bono Australia.