About the Role
- Part time or Full time + ADO, negotiable
- Long term contract for 4 years
- Working at cohealth’s clinic in Collingwood or Footscray
- Community Health Corrections Program
Do you hold a qualification in Allied Health, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Nursing? Are you skilled and capable in the delivery of community based, mental health and forensic services? If so, you may be the gems we’re searching for
We’re delighted that you’re taking an interest in working for cohealth. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You care for our clients and we care for you, including by investing in your development and wellbeing. You’ll have access to leading specialists, training and development that supports you in your role and in your longer term career journey. We offer a variety of career pathway opportunities, leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements that help you manage your work and your life.
The Forensic Mental Health in Community Health Program (FMHiCH) is an exciting new initiative funded by the Victorian State Government. The program is designed to provide high quality mental health services to adults in the North West Metro Melbourne, who are currently completing Corrections Orders, and where these orders have a Mental Health and Treatment rehabilitation (MHTR) condition.
About the role
Provide clinical care and treatment through evidence based brief interventions for people on Community Corrections Orders who have mental ill-health. These newly created positions will play significant roles in the implementation of this great program. Contributing to the development of key program documents as well as developing strong working relationships, with key partners across the region including with Community Corrections.
We seek self-motivated and friendly individuals who;
- Possess extensive experience in care and treatment in mental health, alcohol and other drugs and/or forensic settings;
- Has widespread clinical capabilities, including mental health care and treatment for people with complex needs;
- Demonstrates professional competencies providing evidence based, comprehensive psychosocial treatment, plans/interventions with achievable goals for participants; and
- Has previous experience working with Aboriginal people and the ability to communicate effectively and in a culturally appropriately manner, desirable
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description.
These positions will be paid under the Classification and Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. This role may be filled by a Social Worker (Social worker, Class 2 SCHADS Level 5), Nurse Grade 3B, Occupational Therapy 2, Psychologist or allied health professions with suitable experience.
About the Organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Mental Health Clinician – Various positions available via Pro Bono Australia.