About the Role
- 1 day per week role (Friday)
- Based in Bankstown
- Languages required: Italian
As potentially the first point of contact for people with disability from CALD backgrounds the Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist will answer questions regarding the disability in general, the NDIS and available supports in the callers’ language. The callers will most likely be people with disability from CALD backgrounds, their families or carers.
Fluent Italian and English language skills required.
This role would suit someone who enjoys helping people, has excellent communication and customer service skills and strong attention to detail. Successful candidates will also possess the following:
- Experience working in the community and disability sectors.
- Experience working in a call centre environment.
- Current and detailed knowledge of the NDIS and disability issues and supports available, including government and non-government services.
- Fluent in English and Italian
- An understanding of the needs and issues affecting people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure.
- High level administration and computer skills, including navigating (multilingual) and complex websites.
This role will require the candidate to work 9 to 5pm every Friday
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! We also offer generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
The Future Ability National Multilingual Information Hub will provide relevant, in-language information, advice and referrals for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) through a national multilingual hotline and a website.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist – Italian via Pro Bono Australia.