About the Role
We are seeking a confident and motivated Philanthropy & Major Gifts Officer with a strong donor-centric approach, a love of forming positive long-lasting relationships and a capacity to articulate and embody the mission and goals of Nature Conservation Council of NSW (NCC).
You will develop and manage our major gifts program, growing the financial capacity of the organisation to ensure we are a strong voice for nature.
Our team builds positive and lasting relationships with donors and organisations and is focused on growing our online support base. This position will build on an existing network of supporters and will play a significant role in generating funds in support of our campaigns to protect nature in NSW.
- To develop and manage a strategic and proactive Major Gifts and Bequest Program for NCC.
- To develop, cultivate and recruit major donors from NCC’s pool of existing supporters, other identified sources and the wider community with the aim of soliciting significant donations to the organisation.
- To manage the program with a high degree of autonomy to maximise financial outcomes for the organisation.
- Identify prospects and develop donor profiles through specific research of known and potential high net worth supporters.
- Demonstrate data analysis acumen, making recommendation to and engaging key stakeholders to assist in the selection of suitable candidates.
- Plan, organise and manage the Major Gifts & Bequest program to achieve significant revenue targets and generate funds in support of our campaigns.
- Identify potential major donors including those already on our database and work with internal stakeholders in developing their interest to make a significant gift through personal visits, letters, phone calls and special events.
- Develop and manage a communications/donor care plans for major donors.
- Develop tailored proposals to prospects as needed.
- Manage gift solicitation conversations as appropriate or required.
- Maintain donor and prospect notes in the database ensuring this information is treated in a confidential manner and used appropriately.
- Manage boutique and networking events as needed.
- Communicate to existing donors the lasting impact their gift has had on the organisation.
- Support NCC in donor care and donor journeys for existing supporters, including regular givers, who are prospective major donors and bequestors.
Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Campaigns Directors to help meet funding objectives.
- Provide feedback on the program to the CEO and Fundraising Committee to ensure it runs efficiently and achieves operational targets.
- Work closely with the CEO to; cultivate major donors to the point of making a significant ask, provide regular reports, and manage diary requests of CEO and other senior stakeholders who meet with current and prospective donors.
- Work with the Fundraising Director to ensure the Major Gifts & Bequest program works in collaboration with other components of the fundraising program and our campaigns.
- Nurture relationships and drive major gift cultivation and solicitation, making asks, and coordinating asks/pitches with key staff.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or be able to exhibit a high degree of aptitude, as a fundraising professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including persuasive abilities, effective listening, diplomacy and tact in dealing with donors.
- Demonstrated success designing and implementing major donor and bequest fundraising strategies to secure results.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and deliver outcomes, including a strong capacity to conceptualise and to creatively develop a lasting program.
- A proven track record in achieving revenue targets and growing fundraising income via individuals and/or organisations.
- Understanding of marketing and fundraising, preferably in major gifts or bequests.
- An alignment with environmental/social campaign work and NCC’s theory of change.
- A strong, professional network in the fundraising and wider community.
- Experience using databases, specifically ThankQ.
- Knowledge of Australia’s high net worth individuals, families, and trusts and foundations.
- Confidence moving a donor along the donor journey, towards “making the ask” and success in $1000+ asks.
- Current valid driver’s licence.
About the Organisation
Nature Conservation Council of NSW and the environment groups we represent have been winning protections for nature in NSW for more than 60 years. We’ve been at the centre of many of the state’s iconic conservation battles and have notched up countless wins for nature and local communities.
Today, we work to clean up the state’s dirty electricity system, end unsustainable tree clearing on farms and in our forests, bring our rivers back to health, and give the marine life in our coastal waters the protection it deserves.
You can find more information about our work as the voice for nature in NSW at www.nature.org.au.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
NCC is an equal opportunity employer, we know our capacity to drive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that diversity brings to our organisation.
We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of cultures, language groups, genders, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61295161488
Email : email@example.com
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and initiate a hiring process with the successful candidate as soon as possible. We encourage you to apply promptly. Our final closing date for applications will be 9 am 2nd January 2019.
To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your curriculum vitae, including contact details for two referees.
- A cover letter, no longer than 3 pages, responding to both the essential and desirable selection criteria.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy & Major Gifts Officer via Pro Bono Australia.