About the Role
From 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2019, the disability service sector has been transitioning to full scheme National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) across Victoria. During this period, disability service organisations in Victoria will be undertaking substantial work to ensure this transition is as seamless as possible.
The Victorian State Government has provided funding to NDS in Victoria through the Sector Transition Fund, to support the sector to effectively transition to the NDIS. NDS’ Sector Development Project is delivering a suite of information and capacity building activities across Victoria to support the NDIS readiness and transition of current and future service providers.
This role is a key member of the Project Management Team which sits within the wider Sector Development Project (SDP) Team. Reporting to the Project Manager, this position is responsible for providing exceptional monitoring and evaluation support to the SDP team thereby enabling the successful achievement of project monitoring, evaluation, continuous improvement, and reporting obligations.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to project goals as an active team member, participate in planning and communications as required
- Work closely with the Project Manager to provide clear and accurate data snapshots and real-time analysis as requested, and to produce high quality and timely reports for internal and external audiences
- Coordinate and undertake relevant data collection, data entry and data analysis tasks, and maintain robust and reliable project databases
- Pro-actively support activity leaders and teams with their specific monitoring and evaluation responsibilities including data collection and interpretation of results for decision-making
- Contribute to evaluation design, planning and review activities including coordinating and facilitating meetings and workshops to foster collaboration, effective planning and design, information sharing, and timely identification and management of any risks
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including synthesising a range of data sources and writing clear and appropriate summaries, reports or articles
- Maintain up-to-date professional knowledge of relevant theory, best practice and trends in evaluation
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated experience in a supporting role involving program monitoring, evaluation, data analysis or reporting within the not-for-profit or public sector;
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and within a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, accurate and cogent reports, briefings and summaries of complex matters in a manner appropriate to a range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in academic or business research;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise, prioritise and multi-task;
- Initiative and ability to identify potential solutions to problems, work with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to others;
- Excellent data entry skills and demonstrated attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience working cooperatively within a small team;
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline.
- Computer literacy:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and demonstrated experience using Excel for data collection, modelling and analysis.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Moderate level of proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs including Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ideally, experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Qualtrics.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing over 900 non-government organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Data Officer via Pro Bono Australia.