About the Role
The Project Officer is required to:
- Provide leadership and coordination of all activities inherent in the Residential Care Learning and Development Strategy [the RCLDS];
- Support, implement and further develop the RCLDS for organisations working with children and young people in residential care;
- Engage, consult and liaise with residential care providers and other key stakeholders in the implementation of the strategy;
- Deliver training of the Centre’s RCLDS, Calendar, Fee-for-Service and RTO sessions to the level of expertise
- Research and monitor current and emerging policy issues affecting residential care services in order to inform the sector and to provide the basis for on-going advocacy;
- In consultation with the Centre’s management and the RCLDS Reference Group, facilitate purposeful stakeholder engagement to gain feedback on issues affecting Residential Care and the wider sector, and to promote the Centre’s work.
- Actively promote the Centre’s customised training with the sector and identify opportunities to promote customised options in allied sectors
- To provide a servicing role for the Residential Care Learning and Development Reference Group and other forums initiated as part of the state-wide training strategy, including the coordination of the RCLDS Reference Group meetings, minute taking, agenda setting and preparation of reports for the Reference Group.
- To develop and maintain a data base to ensure accurate recording of residential care staff accessing training and scholarships as part of the Residential Care Learning and Development funds.
- To coordinate and manage the implementation of the key priority areas and tasks within the RCLDS Training plan.
- Provide regular reports and information to the residential care sector via newsletters, website and other media as required.
- Provide appropriate briefings and reports on current or emerging policies, implementation, outcomes and feedback and other issues affecting the implementation of the strategy and future developments.
- Provide recommendations for potential improvements in relation to training and development opportunities within the sector.
- Represent the RCLDS project at appropriate meetings and forums as delegated.
- Design and undertake sector wide analysis of training needs in consultation with the Learning & Development Manager.
About the Organisation
The Centre is a not-for-profit peak body for over 100 child and family service organisations in Victoria.
Working for vulnerable children, young people and families, the Centre provides sector training, facilitates and publishes research, advocates through campaigns and media relations and sustains ongoing programs focusing on key areas of the State care system.
These include the voice of children and young people and specific programs for foster care, kinship care and residential care. We also work and advocate through campaigns & media relations for better transitions for young people leaving State care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0423003217
Email : Jane.Phillips@cfecfw.asn.au
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer, Residential Care Learning & Development Strategy via Pro Bono Australia.