About the Role
Scope Australia’s services help more than 6000 individuals and their families in Victoria across more than 100 service locations. Scope inspires and leads change to deliver best practice and better outcomes for the disability sector.
Scope is one of the successful service providers in a recent government tender process and will be embarking on a historic opportunity to transform the way Victorians with disability access services to ensure they get the support and care they need, consistent with Scope’s mission and values.
A significant percentage of government operated disability accommodation (also known as Supported Independent Living) and respite services (Short Term Accommodation and Assistance) will be transferred to Home@Scope commencing in March 2019.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Flexible/remote working arrangements
- phone/laptop included
- Professional development, ongoing training, mentoring by industry leaders
- High employee retention rates
The Home@Scope Quality & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for oversight of the operational risk and compliance functions in line with National Disability Insurance Scheme standards. Reporting to the Quality Service Manager and working across the Home@Scope and the Scope Quality Team, this role will have specific responsibilities in-
- Building capacity within service areas through thoughtful and client centric training
- Implementation of the Scope Practice Governance framework
- Employment of the audit schedule and review of the internal audit systems
- Introduction and application of the Quality Improvement Planning system
- Understanding internal customer experience, reducing administration and humanising the compliance program.
This role would suit a quality professional that has a sound understanding of people living with a disability and is excited about moving into a project based role that offers clients and colleagues the provision of a safer personalised service offering. Someone who is passionate about being a quality advocate within the organisation and managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven experience in the disability sector and /or a sound understanding of people living with a disability
- An understanding of Quality principles and functions that you have demonstrated in previous positions
- Working knowledge of contemporary quality management systems and IT literacy
- A collaborative and inspiring work style and ability to communicate according to the needs of the audience
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presentations
If you are driven to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families by using your quality and disability sector knowledge then please contact Anna Skeels on 03 8319 4070 quoting ref # 51178, or click apply to submit your resume together with a cover letter.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Check, a clear Police Check issued in the last 12 months for employment in the Disability sector, and an International Police Check if living or working overseas for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Quality and Compliance Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.