About the Role
In this permanent role, the Research and Policy Coordinator will coordinate policy, research and evaluation initiatives which build the evidence base for SSI’s strategic priorities and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the translation of research into policy and/or practice. Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Scope, collate and summarise evidence to assist with the development of briefs and policy submissions that are relevant to SSI’s strategic priorities in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate policy, research and evaluation initiatives, knowledge translation and dissemination
- Liaise with external research partners and co-ordinate internal activities to support these research partnerships
- Assist in collating and analyzing research in human services with a particular focus on refugee and migrant communities and contribute to the development of policy papers and briefs
- Assist with gathering and summarising evidence to assist SSI in becoming the voice on diversity, advocating and influencing social policy
- Contribute to the development of SSI’s position on a range of policy issues and shape SSI’s advocacy
- Work with the Research and Policy Manager and other internal stakeholders to develop research and policy priorities for SSI aligned with SSI’s strategic vision
- Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity
- Strong project management skills, ideally in a research, policy and/or practice environment
- A breadth of experience in the human services sector, including a strong understanding of the strengths and challenges experienced by refugee and migrant communities
- Well-developed analytical skills, experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- A strong track record in developing written briefs and succinct reports.
- Demonstrated experience in the translation of research to policy and/or practice, ideally in the NGO/NFP sector.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and research software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research & Policy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.