About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Policy Adviser/Policy Adviser (title dependent on skills and experience) to join the team in our new exclusive Sydney CBD office on a permanent basis.
The role sits within our Advocacy team and joins a highly regarded team of policy specialists who advocate for excellence in governance.
In this role, you would be responsible for developing, researching and advocating public policy positions related to corporate governance regulation and practice, and for contributing to the AICD’s broader advocacy agenda. The primary focus of this role will be on the NFP sector.
You will consult with experts to develop and advocate policy issues and undertake research and drive campaigns for policy projects. You will also act as Secretariat for the NFP Chair’s Forum and other policy committees, provide advice to stakeholders and represent AICD with government and at public hearings and conferences.
The role will involve regular engagement with senior directors from across the business, government and not-for-profit sectors.
- Policy Development: Undertake analysis, investigation and research on policy and thought leadership issues, and formulate statements of AICD policy positions
- Policy Project Management: Develop effective research programs to support project development.
- Represent the organization at external meetings, public hearings, conferences and seminars in order to build awareness and understanding of the AICD’s policy positions, and to achieve its advocacy goals.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a legal, policy or corporate advisory role in a NFP, consultancy or government department/agency.
- Sound knowledge of corporate governance with an in-depth knowledge of the latest regulatory trends.
- Strong working experience and a sound understanding of NFP funding, operational, regulatory and reporting arrangements.
- Demonstated experience in driving the end to end policy development process.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including policy submission, report, briefing paper and thought leadership writing.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and highly professional presentation skills.
- Experience presenting to senior executives and advocating positions at the highest level of government.
What We Offer
This is a unique opportunity to further develop your career at the intersection of business, law, and public policy. You will have the opportunity to work in a well-respected organisation within our experienced and highly professional Advocacy team.
We equip our people to succeed at AICD through our highly regarded learning and education programs. We have a range of attractive benefits designed to support and reward your career and lifestyle.
For further information on what it’s like to work with us, please visit our Careers and LinkedIn Life pages:
Please submit your updated resume and covering letter.
*Please note that the AICD is not accepting resumes from recruitment agencies for this opportunity.
About the Organisation
The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) is the world’s largest director institute and is committed to excellence in global governance. We make a positive impact on society and the economy through governance education, director development and advocacy. Our membership of more than 43,000 includes directors and senior leaders across 75 countries. We deliver a range of education, events and member services across the world.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 61282486636
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Adviser/ Policy Adviser via Pro Bono Australia.