About the Role
AIVL is the Australian national peak organisation representing the state and territory peer-based drug user organisations and issues of national relevance for people with lived experience of drug use. AIVL’s purpose is to advance the health of people who use/have used illicit drugs. This includes a primary focus on reducing the transmission and impact of blood borne viruses including HIV and hepatitis C – including for those accessing drug treatment services – through the effective implementation of peer education, harm reduction, health promotion and policy and advocacy strategies at the national level.
This is a full time Senior Project Coordinator position, with a heavy focus on project management, stakeholder management and communications. The position will report to the CEO and is based in the National Canberra office.
You will be required to manage varied projects that will require a large amount of stakeholder consultation. You will manage the project plans and budgets and develop a range of written communications materials including reports, briefing papers, submissions, correspondence and media releases. You will analyse the outcome of the projects and support the development of new policy and program initiatives. You will also represent AIVL in key forums and events.
This is a varied and interesting position that will require a genuine interest in issues faced by people with lived experience of drug use. Relevant life experience and a commitment to advancing the health of people who use/have used illicit drugs are integral, due to the large amount of stakeholder consultation.
You will have;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve project outcomes
- Strong attention to detail with highly developed administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills able to present clear and concise information
- Strong relationship management skills, able to build and sustain strong networks and relationships
- Strong strategic planning and problem solving skills, able to exercise sound judgement
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a focus on innovation and team work
Support policy outcomes and advance the health of people who use/have used illicit drugs. Click apply to suibmit your resume and cover letter addressing key skills or contact Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for further information.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Senior Project Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.