About the Role
- Position: Full time position, 12-month contract
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $78,000k-$84,137k with Salary Packaging
Senior Project Officer- National Action Plan: The Third Action Plan of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022 includes $25 million for Indigenous specific activities to address family violence in Indigenous communities
The Senior Project Officer will be in the Projects and Reform Unit of VACCA, and specifically within the Family Violence Portfolio. The team within this portfolio work across a range of local, state and nation-wide projects and provide organisational leadership on culturally responsive family violence programs and initiatives. This position is expected to actively contribute to building VACCA’s experience, knowledge and leadership across the family violence
This position will:
- Lead consultations with other Aboriginal services funded under the Third National Action Plan
- Design a Train the Trainer package in consultation with 12 Aboriginal organisations across Australia
- Deliver the Train the Trainer package across 12 locations in Australia
- Provide organisational leadership on culturally responsive family violence programs and initiatives
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence on Aboriginal families
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people and appreciation of diverse experiences across Australia
- Demonstrated experience in writing and/or delivering culturally safe training packages
- Existing networks and relationships with Aboriginal Communities across Australia are highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and effective networks across a range of ACCOs, organisations and individuals which promote collaborative working
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.