About the Role
By June 2019 all Queenslanders with eligible disabilities will be able to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This means that disability service organisations in Queensland are undertaking substantial work to ensure quality service provision in a sustainable operating model.
To support the disability support sector, NDS Qld provides an array of activities through government funded projects, workshops, events and via one on one support.
A Senior Sector Development Officer will:
- Assist with coordinating and supporting NDS’s role in policy, member support, projects and other activities.
- Represent NDS at forums, events, networks and within project activities.
- Play a significant role in co-ordinating the delivery of NDS sector transition projects aimed at building the capability and capacity of disability service providers.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of workshops and events that build the capability and capacity of disability service providers operating under the NDIS
- Prepare timely information on state and national policy developments and NDS projects and present such information at a range of forums including workshops, seminars, conferences and regional meetings
- Contribute to the development or review of NDS tools and resources which will support the disability services sector to build capability and capacity.
- Engage with a variety of relevant stakeholders to identify actions and capacity building initiatives which will assist the sector with sustainability under the NDIS.
- Draft a variety of policy submissions, position papers and reports to a high standard on behalf of NDS
- Represent NDS at meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Includes all levels of government, the disability service sector, the business community and the broader community.
- Other duties relevant to achieving position deliverables including administration responsibilities.
- This position may requires extensive regional travel
- An understanding of the human services sector, particularly the impact of the NDIS
- High level skills in effectively researching and communicating new &/or complex information through a variety of channels including one-on-one, workshops and networking events
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, initiative, and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and the capability to interact, network and present to people from a variety of positions and experiences;
- Prior management experience in the disability services sector would be highly regarded. Management experience could include service delivery, operational management, human resources, community development, quality, finance and strategy development.
- Experience in policy analysis and development;
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite;
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline would be highly regarded.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 900 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Sector Support Officer (QLD) via Pro Bono Australia.