About the Role
We have an exciting new position available for a Specialist Family Violence Advisor in Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs for a fixed term period to 30 June 2019 on a full time basis (38 hours per week).
This position is being recruited as a part of the recommendations 98 and 99 of the Royal Commission into Family Violence. These two recommendations require the establishment of Specialist Family Violence Advisors to provide expertise to Mental Health (MH) and Alcohol and Other Drug (AoD) services with the ultimate aim to encourage all three sectors to collaborate through the promotion of shared casework models. EDVOS is proud to be participating in the Stage 1 of this program, which aims to promote the benefits of a catchment-wide understanding and collaborative response to family violence.
About the role
The Specialist Family Violence Advisor will be embedded within EDVOS and will support the MH and AoD sectors with specialist family violence expertise and advice and drive service development and capacity building. The role will also require the strengthening of networks between agencies and across the three sectors and the purpose is to increase the capacity of AoD and MH services to recognise and respond appropriately to family violence both at an agency and at an individual practitioner level.
Essential to your success
- A degree in social work or a related community services discipline
- Significant experience in the specialist family violence sector with knowledge of the current landscape of family violence including working knowledge of the CRAF, Royal Commission into Family Violence, the Victorian 10-year Action Plan and the Free From Violence framework
- Sound understanding in Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs sectors
- Understanding of intersectionality in family violence including additional barriers and obstacles certain groups of people experience and complexities and occurrence of family violence across a broad range of familial relationships
- A demonstrated interest in working within a health-based context to build the capacity of the AoD and MH sectors to recognise and respond and refer to family violence
- An in-depth understanding of the evidence on the gendered nature of family violence, and the nature, dynamics and impact of family violence
- Ability to contribute to maintenance of existing networks and/or the establishment of new cross-sector networks
- Demonstrated experience in project management and program development
- Ability to demonstrate resilience including ability to manage stressful situations and work within a new pilot program in the context of significant sector reform
- Ability to work with colleagues across health sectors whose background, expertise, training and approach to practice may be distinct from family violence approaches
- Victorian driver’s licence (in order to fulfil the colocation requirements of the role)
- Demonstrated knowledge of driving organisational change, service development and/or working across sector boundaries (or similar).
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving the quality of life for women and children responding to family violence
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9259 4200
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist family Violence Advisor – MH & AOD via Pro Bono Australia.