About the Role
- Location: Dandenong
- Full time
- Salary- $71,866-$75,119
The principle role of the Senior Case Manager is to provide intensive in-home support for up to 12 months for families where children are at risk of entering out-home care or have been placed in out-of-home care
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Experience working with complex families, in particular those with children who are at risk of, and or have had child protection involvement.
- A demonstrated ability to engage difficult clients with possible high-risk behaviours such as drug and alcohol misuse or mental health concerns and support through crisis.
- Sound knowledge and experience of implementing strengths-based interventions for families with complex needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to support parents, children and young people to set goals and maintain them
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with other professionals and agencies to promote the best interests of families and encourage referral pathways.
- Sound organizational and planning skills, ability to work independently and within a small team and maintain up to date case notes, court reports, care team meeting minutes
- Competent information technology skills including the ability to use Word, Outlook with the capacity to learn IRIS computer program
Application deadline is Sunday 9th December 2018
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Stronger Families Senior Case Manager – Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.