About the Role
- Location: Dandenong
- Full time
- Salary- $78,063 – $81,520
The Team Leader will drive and oversee the following programs and activities
- Aboriginal Men’s Program; Case management and behaviour change support for Aboriginal men
- Dads Group
- A Better Way; New innovative Evidenced Based Program delivered in partnership with Anglicare
- Cultural and Healing activities for men
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Ability to provide leadership to staff in how to engage and support Aboriginal men and families who are at risk of and experiencing violence
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with sector partners to achieve outcomes for Aboriginal families
- High level of written and communication skills and represent VACCA in a range of forums including advisory groups, reference groups etc
- Ability to develop, manage and lead a team to:
- Engage successfully with Aboriginal staff and clients
- Assess and manage risk for highly vulnerable children and families
- Effectively manage conflict
Application deadline is Sunday. 13th January, 2018
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Family Violence Men's Program via Pro Bono Australia.