About the Role
We have an exciting Team Leader opportunity in the Intensive Case Management on a Fixed term, Full time (38 hours per week) basis to backfill leave until Jan 2020.
As a Team Leader you will hold line management responsibility for a team of up to 10 staff whilst collaborating actively with other Team Leaders, members of the management team and partnering with a variety of external stakeholders. The Team Leader will provide day-to-day management, development and support to team members and will assist the Program Manager with the implementation of operational and strategic matters, as required. As a Team Leader, you will be required to utilize your skills and knowledge of family violence, whilst managing a team, to ensure clients receive a consistently high standard of service. A small component of the role may include provision of direct services however this will be negotiated with the Program Manager and balanced with the other requirements of the position based on operational requirement.
Essential to Your Success
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, welfare or a related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of the drivers of family violence and the impact on woman and children including the mother/child relationship.
- Demonstrated understanding of the theories and frameworks that underpin direct service practice within a specialist family violence service including risk assessment and safety planning.
- Experience in providing supervision and leading reflective practice with team members.
- Demonstrated understanding of team dynamics and the ability to promote collaboration to foster productive working relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of change on teams and organisations
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and complexity of leadership within an organisation.
- Understanding of the application of EDVOS values in a team environment and in direct service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
- Experience supporting teams to work effectively with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to use self-reflection to manage professional challenges.
- Demonstrated competency in all areas of Microsoft Office and the ability to embrace new technology.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. These positions would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 7 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Intensive Case Management via Pro Bono Australia.