About the Role
- An opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of our young people
- Full Time position based in Preston
- Salary: $56,180-$63,000k plus a great range of benefits, including salary packaging, generous leave options and ongoing learning and development
The Extended Care Program provides a culturally safe service to support Aboriginal children and young people who are in foster care placements. The Program provides support to the families of the children and to carers.
VACCA works towards reuniting children, wherever possible, with parents and extended family members.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- Ability to advocate for Aboriginal children and communicate in a clear, culturally appropriate and respectful way with a range of stakeholders including staff and external parties.
- Ability to identify the training and support needs of foster carers, particularly non-Aboriginal carers in terms of their cultural competence and connection to the Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated Case management skills.
- Excellent conceptual and writing skills, with the ability to write reports, including Incident Reports and Court Reports.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is Thursday, 20 December 2018
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai, on 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au and enter ref code 4491488.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Caseworker – Out of Home Care via Pro Bono Australia.