About the Role
- 24 Month Fixed-Term contract
- Based at Bella Vista, Sydney
- Join a National Leader in Community Services
About the role
The focus and purpose of this role is to work as part of the NSW Child and Family Services Team and closely with Audit, Risk and Compliance Team to respond and investigate reports concerning children at risk of significant harm and undertake assessments of the child and their circumstances utilising established assessment and intervention techniques applicable to child protection, out of home care and reportable conduct matters.
Essential requirements and skills
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Child Protection and Out of Home Care and the use of investigative techniques including the ability to take statements from children and young people, carers, witnesses, complainants and respondents
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, operational issues and external reporting obligations within the NSW Child Protection sector
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, ethical behaviour and integrity in all aspects of behaviour and practices within the workplace in accordance with relevant standards, values and policies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, identify and manage risk associated with investigations in a complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to research and analyse allegations, identify causal issues and provide practical recommendations
- Ability to produce written reports of a high standard using appropriate written and oral communication methods
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences using a variety of strategies and to work collaboratively with all areas of the organisation
- Demonstrated work prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to keep comprehensive and accurate records in a multi-faceted environment
What we have to offer you
In return for your passion, talent and commitment you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package. We have some great benefits for our people including salary sacrifice options, a corporate wellness package and corporate discounts in health, fitness, technology and travel.
We want staff that will join our passionate teams on our journey to provide a rich, productive and happy life for the people we support and in our communities around Australia.
About the Organisation
Why choose Lifestyle Solutions?
At Lifestyle Solutions, we believe our staff are our best assets. We believe in ensuring equal recognition, equal treatment, and equal opportunity to all of the people we support, our customers. We know this is only possible if we have great staff.
Lifestyle Solutions began with a dream to make a difference in people’s lives. 16 years on, we have grown to be a national organisation of over 2,000 staff across the ever-changing and dynamic Disability and Child and Family Services sectors.
At Lifestyle Solutions, we have our people at the heart of everything we do. Whether this is the people we support, our customers, or our diverse workforce, we strive to be a leader in the sector, a service provider of choice, a business of excellence, and a great place to work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Jodie McKane, Recruitment Advisor
Phone : 1800 634 748
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child Protection Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.