About the role
Parkinson’s NSW strives to make life better for people living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers. They provide essential services such as support groups, InfoLine, Neurological Nurses and education while raising awareness and funds for research to improve the lives of people living with Parkinson’s.
Parkinson’s NSW is undergoing an exciting phase of transformation which seeks to change the way people with Parkinson’s, carers and families engage with service providers. With the advent of the NDIS and the planned changes to My Aged Care, Parkinson’s NSW has developed an approach which best aligns with connecting people with Parkinson’s, with affordable and accessible services.
As part of this transformation, Parkinson’s is transitioning to a new CRM (Salesforce) to help enhance the way the organisation utilises and manages information and data and improves the experience for clients, stakeholders and donors (fundraising).
The Database Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective customer focused working relationships, and will work proactively to identify and understand requirements, develop optimised solutions, and effectively communicate and present these solutions all while ensuring the highest standards of privacy of information are maintained.
- Database implementation;
- review proposals for Salesforce and Implementation Partners with a view of being instrumental in the implementation process
- development and maintenance of information and data systems including tactics to maximise effective use of information to support and underpin revenue generation activities
- continual assessment and business improvement initiatives including user training and development
- o maintaining awareness of new applications to support the implementation of best practices to support future business growth
- developing and implementing robust reporting tools that provide statistical reports and data insights for the organisation
- reporting – run recurring and adhoc reports (as requested) to maximise return on income strategies
- develop, implement, communicate and regularly review database protocols and procedures to ensure staff compliance and best practice
- develop and maintain knowledge of relevant data protection legislation and best practice to meet compliance requirements
- monitor and review operations and recommend changes using internal and external benchmark data/research
- work with the fundraising team and third-party suppliers to develop data insights to help target and identify the best prospects and develop long term sustainable supporter relationships
- conduct data analysis to identify and highlight at-risk and lapsing supporters to support donor reactivation and retention
- manage the set-up, documentation and maintenance of source-code structures to ensure effective data selection, analysis and reporting across all fundraising activities
- plan and implement fundraising data migration projects from external systems to ensure retention of full supporter interaction history
- Database Management;
- manage the technical maintenance of the database to ensure the system runs efficiently and effectively
- manage records, conduct periodic data cleanse and enhancement activity to maintain data accuracy and ensure privacy of information
- work with colleagues and external suppliers to ensure records are held securely and regular backups are completed
- identify gaps and opportunities in the database system to optimise performance and functionality and maximise resource efficiencies
- manage the import and export of data from external suppliers to ensure timeliness and accuracy of data held in the system
- oversee the development and deployment of a training framework and stakeholder solutions appropriate to the needs of various stakeholders
- ensure donor and organisation expectations are met through timely and efficient processing of transactions for donations, payments, memberships and events; and receipting of same
- ensure the CRM interfaces with the NDIS Portal for invoicing and receipting of NDIS payments
- support the finance team to ensure accounts are reconciled in a timely manner at the end of month and end of year
- partner with the finance department and fundraising team to validate both source and destination coding to ensure accurate reconciliation between database and financial system
- manage the monthly pledge run, ensuring revenue is maximised through accurate data selection and retry process
- work with the Corporate Services Manager to prepare the annual budget for database maintenance and enhancement and monitor actual to budget on a monthly basis
Skills & Attributes:
- Two or more years’ experience working data analytical and CRM systems in a senior role
- Experience working on data migration, CRM implementation and systems management
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with defined budgets and conflicting deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget management with a target driven approach
- Be able to work unsupervised and be an active team member
- Well-developed written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show innovative tactics in achieving goals
- Genuine interest in the charity sector
- A keen sense of donor care & service
Submit your interest online without delay or for more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People on 02 9093 4911 (Tues / Thurs / Friday)
There is no closing date for this role, applications will be assessed as they are received so please do not hesitate to apply. Adverts will be removed upon successful appointment.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Database Manager, Parkinson's NSW via Pro Bono Australia.