About the Role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference!
- Permanent Full Time role
- National Office Sydney CBD
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Direct Marketing Coordinator to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Retention & Development Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role is responsible for executing end-to-end direct marketing activities that retain, engage and deliver value back to supporters.
We are seeking a creative individual with high levels of attention to detail, strong project management skills and an appetite to learn.
A day in the life of a Direct Marketing Coordinator might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day coordination of direct marketing campaigns within our regular giving calendar of activity.
- Developing timelines and ensuring campaigns are delivered to timeline
- Briefing copywriters and designers and providing feedback on creative as well as securing internal stakeholder feedback and approvals
- Coordinating data through briefing the Business Information Systems team
- Briefing mail houses, proofreading and quality checking all lives prior to final sign off
- Tracking all costs for each campaign and adhering to the allocated budget
- Providing support to the Supporter Care Team for adhoc communications
- Providing administration support to the Retention team
- Contributing to the overall individuals revenue and retention targets
It takes a special kind of person to be our Direct Marketing Coordinator. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Two or more years’ experience in a marketing, advertising or communications role
- Strong project management time management and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, multitask, work under pressure and deliver to timelines
- Proven communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Understanding of customer retention with an interest to learn about strategies to increase lifetime value
- Experience in data/mail house management
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to Sophie.Maher@thesmithfamily.com.au. You may view the position description at Position Description link. For any other information, please contact Sophie Maher on 02 9085 7142.
Closing date: Friday, 4th January 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9085 7142
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to Sophie.Maher@thesmithfamily.com.au.
Please quote in application: Direct Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.