About the role
- Key role in researching prospects to deliver donor insights
- Join an ambitious and passionate team to launch and deliver new philanthropic campaign
- Part time (0.6 FTE) permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs.
Within the Fundraising and Communication Division, the Philanthropic Partnerships Unit is responsible for delivering significant and sustainable income from philanthropic and major givers. We do this by developing and implementing effective relationship management strategies with these donors, including grant submissions and proposal writing, donor acknowledgement, events and donor data intelligence.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a strategic thinking and pro-active Donor Researcher to join the Philanthropic Partnerships team. Reporting to the Campaign Manager, your role is to:
- Grow the philanthropic prospect pool by identifying and researching prospects, analysing capacity, propensity and connection to Cancer Council.
- Using a broad range of methodologies, compile insightful research on prospective and existing donors to deliver insight and new business opportunities.
- Develop clear prospect management systems and reporting functions to support the Philanthropic Partnership strategy.
- Keep up to date with sector trends and insights.
It’s an exciting time of growth for the Philanthropic Partnerships Unit as we launch a new philanthropic fundraising campaign focusing on major donors and charitable trusts – play a key role in achieving our bold fundraising targets.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A track record of completing high quality research quickly and accurately using a variety of research resources (on-line systems, specialist publications and informal networks)
- Excellent strategic thinking ability and proven analytical and planning skills
- A genuine interest in who our donors are, and a passion for relationship fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but as part of an engaged and collaborative team.
What we can offer you
This part-time permanent position (22.5 hours per week – days and hours flexible across 3 – 5 days) provides a salary within range $59,823 – $66,208 pa (pro rata for part-time) plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your full application (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information contact Kristina Doucouliagos on (03) 9514 6525.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Wednesday 23 January 2019
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Donor Researcher (FCD.21) via Pro Bono Australia.