About the Role
The Objectives of the position are to:
• Assist in work across all aspects of finance processing and reporting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking and payroll processing;
• Monitor and process donations to the ACF, and process artists’ invoices for the payment of grants;
• Maintain finance files and finance related policies and procedures, including monitoring of employee leave process and balances;
• Be an active, open and collaborative team member and contribute ideas for improving processes and the artist and donor experience of the ACF.
The Key Duties of the Position are:
• Work closely with colleagues to ensure the timely and efficient administration of grants payments and the efficient processing of donations.
• Provide customer service support to ACF donors and artists seeking assistance with donations, grants payments and invoices.
• Daily monitoring and reconciling the donation transactions in the finance system and the CRM system;
• Day to day administration of the accounts payable and receivable functions;
• Day to day administration of banking function, including preparation of transfer documentation for payment authorisations, deposit of cheques and credit card receipts, processing of bank statement transactions, administration of online banking system and ensuring coding through the financial reporting is accurate;
• Undertake bank account reconciliations;
• Ensure sub-ledgers reconcile to the applicable General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis;
• Assist in payroll processing, including monitoring staff leave;
• Assist in the maintenance of the Creative Partnerships’ financial and customer database;
• Mail handling, petty cash, staff travel expenses.
The Key Selection Criteria are:
• At least two years in a similar finance related function covering AR, AP, banking and payroll; book keeping or similar qualification.
• Experience working with donors and donations and / or artists and grants in a not for profit context desirable
• Computer literate with strong experience with financial packages (MYOB and Xero preferred) and CRMs (preferably Salesforce);
• Strong Excel skills; strong data analysis skills;
• Ability to prioritise, work well under pressure and work as part of a team;
• Good interpersonal skills, outgoing and friendly with a flexible approach;
• Commitment to high quality customer service principles.
About the Organisation
Creative Partnerships Australia is a national organisation which aims to foster a culture of giving, investment, partnership and volunteering to the arts; bringing donors, businesses, artists and arts organisations together. Our goal is to assist Australian artists and arts organisations attract and maintain private sector support and, therefore, diversify their sources of revenue, leading to a more sustainable, ambitious and vibrant arts sector for the benefit of all Australian.
Creative Partnerships administers the Australian Cultural Fund (ACF), a not-for- profit fundraising platform for Australian artists and arts organisations that was established to encourage and facilitate tax-deductible donations to the arts. This role will play a key part in the development of the Australian Cultural Fund, working closely with the core team to develop business and process efficiencies.
Apply for this Job
To apply please send your CV together with a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by close of business December 20th.
Please clearly mark the application FINANCE OFFICER in the subject line.
Queries: Tim Stitz firstname.lastname@example.org
Alice Meng email@example.com
Or 03 9616 0300
Please quote in application: Finance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.