About the role
Our small, close-knit team at Sydney Community Foundation is seeking a special person to join us! We’re looking for someone who loves to fundraise and has a successful track record in major gifts fundraising.
You will also need a big heart that cares about assisting the many vulnerable women in our city.
The position is a part-time role ideally commencing in February 2019.
The focus of the role will be to support the CEO and Chair Sydney Community Foundation, Sydney Women’s Fund & Be Kind Sydney with research and support to grow a capital fund for Sydney women of $3 Million in 2019. A recent research program has provided a strong case for funding of programs to address the financial vulnerability of women.
We value the close relationships we have with donors and aim to deliver excellence in donor relationship management for existing and new donors. This will involve identifying and executing funding opportunities including support in securing new major donor relationships to secure one-off major donations,three-year pledges and bequests.
While we work in a highly collaborative way you will be expected to:
- Manage your own portfolio and research to secure gifts from major donors, trusts and foundations
- Support the team at donor fundraising events
- Ensure delivery of targets with support from Board and BKS team
- Work collaboratively with national philanthropy counterparts
- Prepare and submit high-quality funding proposals
- Develop excellent relationships with major Sydney philanthropists, aligning their giving to SCF, SWF or BKS tailored to their interest.
- Be accountable for the delivery of prospect opportunities including researching, wealth screening, donor profile development and donor meetings
- Contribute to the growth target of $5 Million for the corpus of Be Kind Sydney through:
- Bespoke donor engagement
- Participation in SCF, SWF, BKS Events
- Bequests and Adviser relationships
- Tailored Communication & Advice
- Support to the CEO
- Support to the Chair and Board
- Writing and review of collateral for major gift audience with Manager, Marketing and Partnerships.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Major Gifts Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.