About the Role
If asthma were to be wiped out in Australia, we would have 400 fewer people die each year. If asthma were to be wiped out in Australia, we would have almost 69,000 fewer visits to our emergency departments every year and save our economy $27 billion in direct and associated costs.
And if asthma was to be eradicated, we would spare one in nine Australians from wheezing, feeling their chests tighten and struggling to breathe. This is our goal.
As an established leader in the healthcare sector, Asthma Australia takes our role of supporting the 1 in 9 people who deal with Asthma seriously by delivering a range of support and education programmes across the community.
We are an agile and innovative national organisation focused on supporting and representing the needs of those who matter most – people with asthma, their treating health professionals and communities supporting them.
Benefits & Culture
- Professional development, ongoing training, mentoring by industry leaders
- High employee retention rates
- Generous salary packaging benefits
You will ensure the quality development, implementation and evaluation of key Asthma Australia consumer support services to benefit people with asthma and their carers. The role leads the strategic direction for the consumer support services, ensures patients receive consistent service and support from the telephone based health coaching team and managing the implementation of funded projects. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing vision, inspiration and leadership to a passionate team situated across Australia
- Development and implementation of procedures and processes to ensure quality and consistency
- Managing the uptake and implementation of the COACH program and 1800 ASTHMA Helpline
- Oversee the delivery of locally based funding agreements
- Provide content expertise and advice across all service areas
- Provide expert advice to identify future consumer support program formats
This role is initially offered on a two year contract.
The successful candidate will be a skilled people leader with a track record of leading teams to deliver highly targeted programs. You will have a thorough understanding of the patient experience in living with a chronic disease. Additionally you will have:
- Formal qualifications in health, education, public health or associated field
- Familiarity with managing contracts, budgets and targets
- Experience developing and managing a team of health professionals to achieve results
- High level reporting and presentation skills
Call to action
If you’re passionate about helping Australian’s breathe better, please send your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above in MS Word format quoting #54866. Alternatively, call Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066 to discuss.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Manager – Consumer Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.