About the Role
If asthma were to be wiped out in Australia, we would have 400 fewer people die each year. If asthma were to be wiped out in Australia, we would have almost 69,000 fewer visits to our emergency departments every year and save our economy $27 billion in direct and associated costs.
And if asthma was to be eradicated, we would spare one in nine Australians from wheezing, feeling their chests tighten and struggling to breathe. This is our goal.
As an established leader in the healthcare sector, Asthma Australia takes our role of supporting the 1 in 9 people who deal with Asthma seriously by delivering a range of support and education programmes across the community.
We are an agile and innovative national organisation focused on supporting and representing the needs of those who matter most – people with asthma, their treating health professionals and communities supporting them.
Benefits & Culture
- Professional development, ongoing training, mentoring by industry leaders
- Make a difference every day
- Strategic role working closely with the GM and interstate colleagues
- Generous salary packaging benefits
You will ensure delivery of targeted projects to support the development, implementation and evaluation of key Asthma Australia initiatives. Additionally, you build and maintain the ongoing engagement and commitment from Asthma Australia strategic partnerships including health professionals and government bodies to ultimately influence the standard of care delivered to people with asthma.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Driving innovation and new service models to achieve broader reach and greater impact
- Design and implementation of a nationally consistent program of support for consumers and health professionals in conjunction with the Strategic Initiatives Manager
- Develop, implement and integrate innovative & sustainable partnerships to affect change
- Identify and maximise partnerships to embed Asthma Australia offerings within the health system
- Establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders at the government and community level
This role is initially offered on a two year contract.
The successful candidate will be a superior relationship builder with a track record of successful project implementation and management. Additionally you have:
- Formal qualifications in health, education, public health or associated field
- A thorough understanding of the patient experience in living with a chronic disease.
- Experience developing new models of care to support health needs
- Corporate or government contract management experience
If you’re passionate about helping Australian’s breathe better, please send your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above in MS Word format quoting #54865. Alternatively, call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 to discuss.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Manager - Health Projects and Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.